1682 Reunion Ave | Suite 100 South Jordan | Utah | 84095
- Bankruptcy Law: Chapters 7 and 13, pre and post-bankruptcy counseling, adversary proceedings, loan workouts, negotiated debt settlements and litigation.
- Real Estate Law: Commercial and residential loan closings, title insurance, quiet-title actions, landlord –tenant, foreclosures and short-sales, leasing, real estate financing, development and construction.
- Estate Planning & Probate Law: Formation of Wills, trusts, powers of attorneys, health care directives, financial directives
- Business Organization and Planning Law: Formation of Corporations, LLC’s, Partnerships and other entities.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Montana School of Law, 2002
- B.S., Economics, cum laude, Weber State University, 1998
- State Bar of Utah: Bankruptcy Section
- State Bar of Utah: Real Property Section
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Utah CCIM
- Weber County Bar Association
- Davis County Bar Association
Joel Kenny is a seasoned residential and commercial real estate attorney with over 15 years of experience representing sophisticated clients in a diverse and dynamic blend of real estate transactions. He has been handling the legal interests of real estate buyers and sellers since 2002. He owned and operated Big Sky Title Insurance Agency, LLC for 6 years, handling thousands of real estate closings and is currently in-house counsel and a senior escrow officer with Backman Title Services, Ltd.
Joel represents clients in transactions for buying and selling ongoing businesses, negotiating and documenting buy/sell agreements, real estate transactions, commercial leases, and financing contracts. Joel creates and maintains business and estate planning entities for clients involving corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, revocable and irrevocable trusts and charitable entities. He advises clients regarding trust and estate administration, including representation in probate proceedings. He counsels clients in entity selection and the formation for closely held businesses and the operation of corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships.
Joel has helped businesses, individuals and couples achieve a fresh start from overwhelming debt and protecting their assets – either by eliminating the debt through Chapter 7, or by reducing the debt to a manageable level through a Chapter 13 bankruptcy reorganization or non-bankruptcy workout. In addition, he has cultivated strong relationships with bankruptcy trustees and helps achieve positive results for his clients.